European Green Deal Call is out! €1 billion for green & digital transition
The European Commission has launched the European Green Deal call, investing €1 billion for research and innovation projects that respond to the climate crisis and help protect Europe’s unique ecosystems and biodiversity.
This call is the last and biggest one under Horizon 2020. It is shaped to aim for clear, discernible results in the short to medium-term, but with a perspective of long-term change.
The European Green Deal call is articulated around 8 thematic areas:
- Increasing climate ambition
- Clean, affordable and secure energy
- Industry for a clean and circular economy
- Energy and resource efficient buildings
- Sustainable and smart mobility
- Farm to fork
- Biodiversity and ecosystems
- Zero-pollution, toxic-free environments
Two cross-cutting horizontal areas address knowledge strengthening and citizens’ empowerment.
The deadline for submissions is 26 January 2021, with selected projects expected to start in autumn 2021.