European Green Deal Call is out! €1 billion for green & digital transition
The European Commission has launched the European Green Deal call, investing €1 billion for research and innovation projects that respond to the climate crisis and help protect Europe’s unique ecosystems and biodiversity.
This call is the last and biggest one under Horizon 2020. It is shaped to aim for clear, discernible results in the short to medium-term, but with a perspective of long-term change.
The European Green Deal call is articulated around 8 thematic areas:
- Increasing climate ambition
- Clean, affordable and secure energy
- Industry for a clean and circular economy
- Energy and resource efficient buildings
- Sustainable and smart mobility
- Farm to fork
- Biodiversity and ecosystems
- Zero-pollution, toxic-free environments
Two cross-cutting horizontal areas address knowledge strengthening and citizens’ empowerment.
The deadline for submissions is 26 January 2021, with selected projects expected to start in autumn 2021.
> Download the Horizon 2020 European Green Deall call factsheet
> Find out more about the call
European Week of Regions & Cities: time to register!
For the first time in its history, this year’s European Week of Regions & Cities will be held fully online.
From 5th to 22nd October, more than 500 events will be organised around three thematic priorities: Empowering Citizens; Cohesion and Cooperation; and Green Europe.
Several sessions will cover topics related to energy efficiency, renovation and sustainability of buildings. For example:
- 13th October: Efficient public buildings: How will the Renovation Wave bend around the Mediterranean shore? – More info
- 20th October AM: Governance models for climate neutrality – More info
- 20th October PM: Towards climate-resilient cities and regions – More info
- 21st October AM: Financing climate actions in cities – More info
- 21st October PM: Cities & citizens: clean energy leaders? – More info
- 22nd October: Social innovation for energy transitions – More info
Registrations are open until the 27th September: click HERE to register!